Thursday, February 18, 2016

Lists

Well, I'm doing it. I've decided to close this blog. It hasn't been around that long, but between my other blog, schooling, and hobbies, this one gets easily forgotten. Before I sign out, though, here is a list of my favorite books all at once.
By Lucy Maud Montgomery:
Anne of Green Gables (and series)
Jane of Lantern Hill
Kilmeny of the Orchard
The Story Girl
The Golden Road
The Chronicles of Avonlea
Further Chronicles of Avonlea

By Louisa May Alcott:
Little Women
The Good Wives
Little Men
Work: A Story of Experience
Eight Cousins
Rose in Bloom
An Old-Fashioned Girl
Aunt Jo's Scrap Bag
Shawl Straps
Jack and Jill: A Village Story
Under The Lilacs
A Garland For Girls
Spinning-Wheel Stories

By Scott O'Dell:
Island of the Blue Dolphins

By Joan M. Wolf:
Someone Named Eva

By Lois Lowery:
Number the Stars

By Susan Campbell Bartoletti:
Hitler Youth: Growing Up In Hitler's Shadow

By Wilson Rawls:
Where the Red Fern Grows

By Elizabeth George Speare:
The Witch of Blackbird Pond

By C. S. Lewis:
The Chronicles of Narnia

By Gordon B. Hinckley:
Way to Be!

By Mark Twain:
Joan of Arc

By Jane Austen:
Pride and Prejudice
Sense and Sensibility

By Frances Hodgson Burnett:
The Little Princess
The Secret Garden
Little Lord Fauntleroy

By Patricia Reilly Giff:
Lily's Crossing
Maggie's Door





3 comments:

  1. Oohhh, I am so sad! This was always such a neat blog because I love to read but have such a hard time finding non-trash books to read. I'll miss this, but thanks for the list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ♥u!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I decided that I had too many other things I wanted to pursue to keep up TWO blogs. It was getting to be a bit hard/distracting trying to read things with the intent of blogging about them, even if that could be helpful to some. So, I made this list of my favorites for anyone interested, but it takes the weight off of me. :) Thanks for your support!

      Delete
    2. That totally makes sense! You are still as awesome as ever!

      Delete